Thursday, July 31, 2014

Neanderthal Dating and THE HAT!

I sprained my thumb.
It makes it hard to type.
It makes it hard to be alive.
Zipping up my pants? Hard
Turning my car on and off? Hard
Putting on my bra? Hard
Eating food with a fork and knife? Hard

And that last line brings me to a date review.

Date #2

Who: Robot Man
When: Last Friday, July 25
Where: Cheesecake Cafe
What: I ate too much

What do I say about Robot Man that I haven't said already. He's an odd boy. We were at the restaurant for about 3 hours, we talked almost the whole time. It was mostly fun and a little bit awkward at times. Because of my sprained thumb, instead of eating my food like a normal person, I had to make a fist around my fork and stab my food like some kind if Neaderthal. He thought it was adorable. He thinks I'm adorable and he kept looking at me with those eyes that are adoring me. It was a bit creepy. He also kept talking about being good at massages.

Mmmmhhmm, I know what that means.

He also wore a hat. And not just any hat, but this hat.

And he wore it in this material and colour.

His reasoning? 

On his dating profile page he has a lot of pictures of him in hats but I haven't seen him in a hat yet, so he didn't want me to think he was being false on his dating profile. I've only seen him once before and, if you remember, he wore a black shirt with fuzzy leopard print panels on it that he made me touch. His shirt this time did was a plain grey. He apologized for that lack of excitement on his shirt but figured the hat would make up for it.

The hat definitely made up for it.

Robot man is a really good guy. He's kind and he's talkative and he seems pretty secure in himself, even though he's a bit of an odd duck.

Problem?

I have absolutely zero attraction to him.

None. Nadda. Zilch.

He hugged me and gave me a kiss on the cheek after our dinner. It was awkward.

And the HAT! That HAT!  I just can't get over that hat.

I don't think I will see him again in a date capacity. As an occasional buddy I could just hang out and have coffee with, sure, but there is really nothing beyond that.

THE HAT!



No comments:

Post a Comment